Pastor Job Description – Chewelah Evangelical Free Church
Overall Ministry Focus:
A pastor who inspires the flock through his example, interpersonal skills, spiritual gifts and expository preaching.
Ultimately responsible to congregation, but direct reporting relationship to the Board of Elders.
- A humble spirit
- Rely on the Holy Spirit to lead and guide
- Heterosexual male defined by biological gender at birth
- Meet the qualifications of an elder in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Experience with discipling believers into Christ-likeness.
- A four-year degree in Biblical studies is preferable, however experience can be taken into consideration
- Fully agree with and sign our doctrinal statement, constitution and bylaws before progressing to the interview process
- He and his family must be willing to relocate to the Chewelah area.
- Pass criminal and credit background checks
- Work 50-55 hours per week on average
- Preach 40-42 weeks per year
- Meet with elders and deacons and develop leadership
- Equip the flock for relationship evangelism
- Disciple leaders for the family, home, church and community
- Shepherd the flock with fervent, effectual prayer
- Visit the sick with assistance from the elders and deacons